Every year when summer comes and I start to think about what pieces I want to add to my wardrobe; I end up obsessing over jumpsuits and maxi dresses. However, when you’re 5ft3 it can be very difficult to find one that doesn’t drown you! With that in mind; I’ve made it my mission this summer to find a petite jumpsuit I can pull out of my wardrobe for any occasion and can be dressed up or down. So I’ve compiled a list of some of the best places to track down petite jumpsuits.
- Very – This online retailer not only houses so many great brands, it also has it’s own fashion range with some killer pieces. It wasn’t that long ago I discovered Very had a petite range but, now I know it exists, my online shopping basket is constantly growing! From strapless to wide leg, there’s a jumpsuit to suit everyone; my fave is this navy floral cold shoulder jumpsuit as it nails 3 current trends with one piece.
- M&Co – From the moment I walked into the Petersfield branch and spotted this navy tropical jumpsuit I was in love! So when I noticed it was actually part of the petite collection I couldn’t have been happier. What’s more, it goes up to a size 18 meaning I could actually get one that fits – they didn’t have one in store so I placed my order the minute I got home. Fingers crossed it looks as nice on as it did on the hanger as I’m no mannequin.
- Fenn Wright Manson – Okay, so this brand may be at the more expensive end of the high street, but their garments are timeless with a nod to fashion and oozes luxury. This v neck floral culotte jumpsuit caught my eye from day one of the collection launch – it’s definitely an investment piece but one that will pay off. Now in the sale; it’s sure to sell out quickly.
- Gap – I have to admit, as an ex-employee I’m a little biased when it comes to Gap, but I genuinely get repeated wear from the garments I buy there. I’ve heard lots of people say that Gap only have ‘very thin, very tall’ women in mind when they’re designing their collectio. That really isn’t the case as they have a petite range and stock up to a size 24. I’m loving this navy wrap front jumpsuit which I know will last me an absolute lifetime.
Where is your ‘go-to’ for petite clothing? What issues do you have when picking a jumpsuit? Let me know in the comments section.
Swimwear can be one of the most difficult garments to find. You need something that will make you feel confident even on one of those days, something that says who you are and something that shows off as little, or as much, as you want of your body. We all have our ‘problem’ areas, bits we are self-concious of and some parts we just want to cover-up completely. None of us have it easy finding swimwear but the problem I have is finding fuller figure swimwear that is not just functional, but fashionable too. So I’ve compiled list of some of the best places to track down fashionable fuller figure swimwear.
- Bravissimo – I first started shopping at Bravissimo as a student desperately searching for a high street lingerie store which could give a more accurate bra fitting. Pleased with the impeccable service I received; I became a frequent visitor to their stores and sister brand ‘Pepperberry’. Bravissimo offer a wide range of bikinis, tankinis & one-pieces up to a size 18 with cup sizes extending to a K cup.
- M&Co – This brand has always been a winner in my book when it comes to baby and childrenswear but recently I’ve started seeing it in a new light and I’m actually really impressed with the summer womenswear collection. The range of swimwear comes in a multitude of colours and prints with items up to a size 20 and even includes ‘tummy control‘ pieces. I’ve got my eye on this blue & green tile print cossie perfect for covering my ‘mum tum’!
- Simply Be – Have you seen the TV ad for the Simply Be swimwear? Talk about promoting positive body image; those models look empowered and like they truly embody full body confidence. Their range goes all the way up to a size 38 and encompasses many household names from ‘Curvy Kate‘ to ‘Panache‘. Whilst some pieces are a little pricier than you may be prepared to spend; they look to be well worth the investment.
- Forever 21 – Ah Forever 21, I don’t know if it’s the bright prints or the witty slogans but this brand really does make me feel youthful and reminds me that I’m still very much in my 20s! With their plus size swimwear collection including cut-outs, tropical prints and mesh elements – there are some pieces guaranteed to attract attention for all the right reasons. I’m loving this bright red one-piece with the word ‘Hello’ across it – definite Baywatch vibes!
Where is your ‘go-to’ for swimwear? What issues do you have when picking a bikini or one-piece? Let me know in the comments section.